PhD. Le Duc Thinh
- Position: Lecturer, Vice Dean, Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Title: Doctor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working offices: Faculty of Applied Sciences, Room 408, Building C, HACINCO Student Village, 99-Nguy Nhu Kon Tum Street, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi
Bachelor of Science: Mathematics, Hanoi National University of Education, Vietnam
Master of Science: Mathematics, Hanoi National University of Education, Vietnam
Ph.D.: Mathematics, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Research interests:
- Applied mathematics for business, management and finance
- Applied statistics for business and finance
- Applications of Geometry in Material Science (E.g., Motion of Microstructures)
- Teaching subjects:
- Advanced Mathematics (MAT1092)
- Theory of Probability and Mathematical Statistics (MAT1004)
- Mathematics for Economics (MAT1005)
- Economic Statistics (INS2004)
- Financial Mathematics (INS1003)
- For the programs: International Business; Accounting, Analyzing and Auditing; Business Data Analytics
- Nguyen Thanh Tung, Le Duc Thinh, “Design Cloud-Fog systems based on the energy of IoT devices”, accepted (pending some minor revisions) by Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley Online Library, 12/2020.
- Le Duc Thinh, Nguyen Ngoc Lam, “Airline Stock Performance: PRASM, RASM or Profit?”, Proceedings of The 2020 12th International Conference on Knowledge and Systems Engineering (IEEE KSE 2020), p.253-257, ISBN: 987-1-7281-4510-5.
- Le Duc Thinh, Nguyen Ha Phuong, “Oil and gas industry: Key metrics and stock performance”, Vietnam Trade and Industry Review, ISSN 0866-7756, 09/2019.
- Le Duc Thinh, Nguyen Ngoc Lam, “Pharmaceutical companies: Key metrics and Stock performance”, Vietnam Trade and Industry Review, ISSN 0866-7756, 08/2018.
- Le Duc Thinh, “An Overview of Credit Report/Credit Score Models and a Proposal for Vietnam”, Policy and Management Studies – VNU Journal of Science, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2017, p. 36-45, ISSN 2588-1116.
- Thinh Le, Qiang Du, “A Generalization of the MacPherson-Srolovitz Formula“, Communications in Mathematical Sciences, 7(2): 511-520, International Press, Jan 2009.
- Nguyen M. Chuong, Thinh Le, “Sobolev Spaces with Weight on Riemannian Manifolds“, Advances in Deterministic and Stochastic Analysis, World Scientific, 2007.
- “Design Cloud-Fog systems based on the energy of IoT devices,” VNU-IS, 2021 (Member)
- “Stance detection on social media using deep learning techniques,” VNU-IS, 2021 (Main author)