Prof. DSc. Nguyen Dinh Duc is one of the leading scientists in Vietnam in the field of Mechanics and Composite Materials. He is a foreign member (Academician) of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences and the International Academy of Inventions (since 1999). Former Vice President and General Secretary of the Vietnam Association of Science and Technology in Russia (1999 – 2001); one of the founders and first Vice Presidents of the Vietnam Association of Young Science and Technology Intellectuals (2004-2010); Member of the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, term V (1999-2004); official delegate to the 6th National Heroes and emulation soldier Congress in 2000 at Hanoi; Vice President of Hanoi Mechanics Association since 2014 and was elected as Vice President of Vietnam Mechanics Association during the 8th Congress on December 2017 for his outstanding and tireless contributions to the cause of national construction and defense, he has been awarded the Labor Order twice by the President: third class in 2016 and second class in 2022. In 2020, he is also the program builder and Director of the Training Program for Automation and Informatics engineers of the International School (Vietnam National University, Hanoi).
He is also a member of the Council for the title of Professor of Mechanics of Vietnam, Head of the Training Department of Vietnam National University, Hanoi.
– Prof. DSc. Nguyen Dinh Duc has published more than 300 articles and scientific works, of which more than 200 articles have been published in prestigious international specialized journals in the list of ISI journals (SCI and ISI). SCIE).
– Prof. DSc. Nguyen Dinh Duc has 1 patent on the rules of behavior of physical and mechanical characteristics of 3Dm 3-phase composite materials (1999), 1 patent on polymer nanocomposite reinforced by glass fiber and titanium nanoparticles dioxide.
– He has published 5 textbooks and monographs, including 01 published in Russian and 02 published in English.
– He is the author of the analytical nonlinear formula that allows to determine the elastic modulus for nanoparticle composite materials, which has been known to the scientific community through international publications (research with Prof. DSc. G.A Vanin – famous Russian scientist).
– Professor Nguyen Dinh Duc used to be a Research and Visiting Professor at prestigious universities of the Russian Federation, Japan, Korea and the United Kingdom such as: Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia), Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (Russian Academy of Sciences),Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST), Seong University (Korea); University of Birmingham (United Kingdom); participating in research cooperation with prestigious scientists from other countries such as the United States, Russia, China, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Korea, etc.
– Prof. DSc. Nguyen Dinh Duc is a pioneering Vietnamese scientist embarking on the research of super heat-stable carbon-carbon composite materials with 3Dm, 4Dm spatial structures; functional composite materials and structures with modified mechanical and physical properties of FGM, are new generation materials with very high mechanical and thermal strength, widely used in aerospace structures, manufacturing rockets, details of nuclear power plants, in the machine-building industry, etc.
– Prof. DSc. Nguyen Dinh Duc is a scientific reviewer for more than 70 prestigious international ISI scientific journals such as: Composite Structures, International journal of Mechanical Sciences, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Journal of Computational Materials Sciences, Journal of Composite Materials, Journal of Vibration and Control, Journal of Composite Part B: Engineering, etc. He also participated in the organizing committee, scientific committee and several times as invited speaker, including honorable times. to make invited reports at the plenary sessions of major international scientific conferences
– He is honored to be a Vietnamese scientist invited to be a member of the International Editorial Board of 10 prestigious international ISI journals such as Journal Cogent Engineering (Taylor & Francis Publishing, United Kingdom), Journal of Science: Advanced Materials and Devices (Elsevier Publishing, Netherlands), Journal of Science and Engineering of Composite Materials (De Gruyter Publishing, Federal Republic of Germany), Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science (SAGE Publishing House) , UK), Journal Science Progress (SAGE), Alexandria Engineering Journal (Elsevier), Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology (Springer), Journal of Mechanics of Composite Materials (Springer), Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics -Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik, ZAMM (WILEY), Journal “Machine Science” (Azerbaijan Technical University).
– For 3 consecutive years, 2019, 2020, 2021, he was ranked and announced by the US Journal of PLoS Biology as one of the top 100,000 most influential and cited scientists in the world. Topping the list of Vietnamese scientists in this list in 2020, 2021 is Prof. Nguyen Dinh Duc (VIETNAM NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, HANOI) – ranked 5798 in the world (2020) and ranked 96th in the field of Engineering (Engineering) of the World (in 2021)